1. What is covered? This warranty covers any non-cosmetic, non-software defects in the materials or workmanship in your George product (the “Product”).
2. How long does this warranty last? This warranty lasts until the earlier of one (1) year from your receipt of the Product or your sale or transfer of the Product to anyone else (the “Warranty Period”).
3. Making a warranty claim. If you discover a defect in materials or workmanship in a Product, and if you reside in the United States of America, you must contact Chestnut Hill Sound Inc. (“CHILLSOUND”) at CHILLSOUND Customer Service, PO Box 68, Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464, USA, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain a Return Materials Authorization number (“RMA”). After you receive your RMA, you must deliver the Product freight pre-paid, to CHILLSOUND at the above address prior to the end of the Warranty Period. Outside the United States, please contact your local authorized CHILLSOUND dealer or, if you purchased the product directly from CHILLSOUND or one of its affiliates (such as Chillsound Internet Sales Inc.), follow warranty claim instructions for United States residents unless different instructions are provided to you when you contact CHILLSOUND to obtain your RMA. When returned, the Product must be in its original packaging and accompanied by (a) all parts, manuals and accessories that originally accompanied the Product, (b) a written explanation of the defect that you have experienced and the conditions under which it occurred, (c) your original receipt or proof of purchase, and (d) your RMA.
4. What CHILLSOUND will do. If you comply with the procedures outlined in paragraph 3, CHILLSOUND will either (a) repair your defective Product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts; (b) provide new or refurbished user-installable replacement parts to you to be installed by you according to instructions provided by CHILLSOUND; (c) replace your defective Product with a Product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original Product; or (d) solely if CHILLSOUND elects to do so, refund the purchase price of the Product to you. A replacement product or part, including a user-installable part that has been installed in accordance with instructions provided by CHILLSOUND, assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair (or, where CHILLSOUND ships user-installable replacement part(s) to you, from the date of shipment of the replacement part(s) to you), whichever provides longer coverage for you.
5. What is not covered. This warranty does not cover:
a. any Product that has been used with unapproved parts, assemblies or sub-assemblies, or for other than normal home or office use;
b. any Product that has been customized or modified in any manner;
c. any Product on which the original serial number has been removed or altered;
d. any Product that was damaged due to inclement weather, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, other external causes, or improper installation or operation, or during shipment;
e. any Product sold on an “as-is” or final sale basis;
f. any claims based on misrepresentations by a reseller, or for the cost of installing, removing or re-installing the Product;
g. any software supplied by CHILLSOUND or any other party; or
h. any Product serviced or repaired by anyone other than CHILLSOUND or a service facility authorized by CHILLSOUND.
If CHILLSOUND determines that a Product has been subject to one of the conditions described in this paragraph 5, or if CHILLSOUND cannot reproduce the defect or error reported by you, CHILLSOUND shall be entitled to charge you for any labor and parts that CHILLSOUND expends in repairing or replacing your Product, together with associated shipping charges.
6. Exclusive remedy. REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND, AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY, ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES, AND CHILLSOUND’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY, FOR ANY DEFECT OR MALFUNCTION IN THE PRODUCT.
7. Implied warranties. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THE PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
8. Limitation of damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, CHILLSOUND shall not be liable to you for any consequential, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind (including damages for lost profits, personal injury, death, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise) arising out of the use or inability to use the Product, even if CHILLSOUND has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
9. State law rights. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary by state, province and country. Some states, provinces or countries may not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.